Saturday, December 26, 2009

Udpate from December 22nd Doctor's appointment

I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas! Christmas is always meaningful for me, but this year it seemed like the Christmas Story jumped off the pages of the Bible and Straight into my heart. I think sometimes, especially here in the south, when we celebrate Christmas, we know what the real meaning is, but sometimes it almost becomes just a "story" we read. We give it about five minutes before we rip into all the gifts He so blessed us with. I was moved to tears this year everytime I thought about how important that little baby in the manger really was. He was our salvation,hope,life,freedom,our health and so much more. He came so that we could have life abundantly and to have victory over the enemy who comes to steal, kill and destroy. He could have let us suffer and die, but He loved us so much that God became a man, and died for us so that we could have unlimited access to the throne of grace. He became human flesh and felt the same heartaches,temptations,family troubles,and as my pastor so eliquently reminded us, he even felt the pain of marriage trouble. The bible says we are his bride and he knows what it's like to be betrayed by a spouse. His bride cheats on Him everyday. WOW. Don't wait another day to let Him be your best friend. He wants a real realtionship with you. Jesus has given me such a tremendous peace as we walk through all of this with Elijah. I don't know how I would live life without Him. Being able to feel close to him and hear His voice, to feel his real arms wrapped around me in love is such a beautful thing. One night when I couldn't shut my mind off I literally told the Holy Spirit I needed Him to give me peace and put me to sleep. No kidding, I pictured a HUGE white wing covering me up like a blanket and the Lord saying "Under my wings shall you abide" (It's from Psalm 91-If you haven not ever read it please do!)and I fell straight to sleep.
On December 22nd we went back to the Doctor and were so amazed at God's goodness. The ultrasound showed Elijah had a completely normal heartrate and had moved from the breech posision to oblique, meaning he is sitting diaganaly. Dr. Ross came in and said he was "shocked, in a good way." He said it told him Elijah was a fighter. He even had fluid in his bladder, meaning that he was getting it somewhere even though they can't see any to measure. He is moving great. On Christmas Eve, he even had the hiccups twice! I found this about it online..It is believed that the baby breathes in amniotic fluid or drinks it. When this happens and the amniotic fluid enters and exists the baby's lungs then the diaphragm contracts and hiccups results.
We are still believing that Elijah will be healed of all sickness and disease by the precious blood of Jesus. Please continue to pray that "He who began a good work in Elijah will be faithful to complete it." It's hard to believe that we only have about 9 more weeks left until he is full term, which is a miracle in itself.
Blessings to all of you and thank to for believing with us!

2 comments:

  1. My children and I are praying every night for miracles to happen in baby Elijah's body! God is faithful! He can be trusted! Thank you for sharing. I am thanking God with you for the recent changes and findings. -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. we're still praying and praying and praying and believing and believing!!!! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete